We are open and would like to thank our staff that they are able to provide excellent care to all of our clients and patients.
Yay! I got a kitten…..so, now what?
You have a cute, wiggly, curious little kitten. Now is the time to make an appointment for your kitten to be examined. Just so you know, the first appointment will be a little longer than usual. A technician will give a “kitten talk.” The talk will cover everything that is best for your kitten’s life style. Here are some things you may need to know in the meantime-
- Remember to bring a fresh fecal, so we can test it for intestinal parasites! Intestinal parasites are easily treated so try not to worry.
- Bring all/any previous medical records/vaccination history. We want to make sure your kitten is up to date with all the necessary vaccinations.
- We will discuss which vaccines are best for your kitten and how often they should receive them.
- We will discuss Feline leukemia and feline immunodeficiency virus.
- Flea/tick product will be discussed. Their are several options that will be reviewed at the time of appointment. I know what you’re thinking, “My cat is indoor only, how can they get fleas or ticks?” It is possible and happens more than you would think. It is easier to prevent flea and tick infestations with your cat than than to treat.
- It is best to spay or neuter your cat. There are several important reasons to spay or neuter including preventing unwanted pregnancy, reduction of the risk of mammary cancer and prevention of behavioral issue such as urine marking. Spay and neuter is usually performed at six months of age.
- At the time of neutering we strongly recommend microchip. Placement of a microchip will allow your pet to be identified and returned to you if they are lost. I know what you are thinking, “If my cat is going to be indoor only, why should I microchip?” Let’s face it, it takes only one time for your cat to escape.
- Health insurance is a great idea. Will will discuss insurance options that are suitable for your pet and family.
We look forward to seeing your little, purring, sweet, fluffy kitten for us to love and cuddle!